CAR Issue II Revision 1 dated 10th February 2017 is proposed to be issued to incorporate amendments made in Rule 61 of the Aircraft Rules, 1937 published vide GSR 911 (E) dated 16-9-2016.
Salient revision in the CAR as follows:-
1. CAR 66.A.3 In the existing AME licence category, category B3 is introduced for certifying unpressurised piston engine aircraft below 2000kgs MTOW.
2. Provision has been made for issue of Category A licence without type rating
3. 66. A. 20 privileges of AME licence has been replaced with new one in line with rule 61.
4. 66.A.30 Aircraft Maintenance Experience requirements of issue of Category A, B1.2 and B 1.4 has been revised to 3 years.
5. Related paragraph in this CAR revised to include new category B3 where ever required.
6. 66.A.45 endorsement on AME licence for aircraft ratings has been revised suitably to include category B3 requirement.
7. Appendix –I Basic knowledge requirement has been revised to include syllabus for category B3.
8. Requirements for certifying staff engaged in certification of aircraft components are detailed in Subpart C (Component).
9. Application and format are separated from the main CAR and published in the form section on DGCA website.